Nemeth/Star Productions - Picture Gallery

#RightNow
#RightNowHistory
Picture the Food
Orbit Mzansi: Photography
Orbit Mzansi: get styled by Tsholofelo
SPACE-FRIDAY: PHOTOGRAPHY
Veb Italia: PHOTOGRAPHY
Frankfurt Oberforsthaus and Rennbahn City Forest


Legal Notice      Privacy      © Nemeth/Star Productions 2023

After the Second World War, the old residential houses northwest on the edge of the park were destroyed and the ruins were removed. In addition, the city administration parceled out the castle garden and leased parts to allotment gardeners for self-sufficiency in food. From 1951 the allotment gardens were abolished and the park was redesigned. This job was carried out by the company “Gartenkultur Maurer und Besserer” in the years from 1951 to 1960. The adaptation work led, among other things, to the creation of special gardens (such as a rose garden, a casino garden, an evergreen garden, an English garden), trees worthy of preservation were refreshed, old farm buildings were restored, monuments and the visual axes were uncovered. On the areas of the former residential buildings on Bartningallee, point skyscrapers were built; finally, the Academy of Arts was newly erected. Hedges and shrubbery strips were planted to demarcate the park from the buildings. At the suggestion of the British city commander, General Bourne, and according to a concept by the landscape architect and head of the Tiergarten administration, Wilhelm Alverdes, a section of the Tiergarten southwest of Bellevue Palace was redesigned as the English Garden, supported by over 5,000 tree donations from the private gardens of King George VI and British citizens. It was inaugurated on May 25, 1952, in the presence of British Foreign Minister Anthony Eden, after whom the approximately 40,000-square-meter garden was long called the “Garden of Eden” by Berliners. The “Teahouse” located in it was built on the foundation of a former home of Gustaf Gründgens. Text Source: Wikipedia